Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Springfield Confidential

So, I had colliding boners last night. Daniel Clowes, my personal GOD and favorite comic book artist of all time was on my favorite show ever, The Simpsons and a juicy big role too. He along with Art Spiegleman and Alan Moore come to the new Springfield comic book store that puts Androids Dungeon outta business. Also Jack Black played the town's new comic book king. Funny thing is the episode ends with Comic Book Guy outta business, hmm. On top of that the episode was one of the best of the new season.



*quick step inside me brain: so my headspace is filled with really nothing more than Simpsons episodes and the basic functions that allow me to drive and wipe myself etc. ok I'm getting off topic but that's how I'm wired. Aaanyways in this new episode Jack Black sings Tom Jones's What's New Pussycat in Korean (?!) so right afterwards I was humming the song to myself and remembered that within Dan Clowes' Eightball story 'Ugly Girls' a character serenades a pretty girl with the What's New Pussycat lyric "I've got flowers and many hours to spend with you..."
so my brain just tied together two random fun facts together that connected the Simpsons to Clowes. it kinda made me laugh at the things my mind will bother itself with. boy, that story went nowhere. I gotsta spend the rest of the night painting and writing jokes.
g'night 9 to 5'rs.

No comments: