Monday, March 24, 2008

onwards n' upwords's

finally got the dino painting done early last week! not my fav but not my most hated either. overall it turned out better than I thought it would over a week ago. this one deffinately tortured me a bit. here's a slice...



now onto bears in the woods. pretty fun so far and going very fast. I guess I really have no choice since the show's right around the corner (Sat. June 28th Corey Helford Gallery 7-10PM by the way!) and I have ALOT to get done. luckily I've gotten the big ones out of the way first *whew*.
I was definately inspired at Korin Faught's show last Saturday. She's an amazing artist and all around one of my favorite people/painters (check it):



the BIG news though is the return of Polaroid film for my Holga! since Polaroid is dropping the ball Fuji has picked it up! Fuji Instant Film is readily available and a bit cheaper than the ol Polaroid Film (& in black n white too!). funny thing, the girl at Freestyle pointed out to me that my Polaroid-backing is actually made by Fuji -der!
So, this summer will see the return of Holga greatness and hopefully some pics for the blog, yes?



other than that have become completely bored with going out and find myself becoming a complete homebody. the liquor just isn't as sweet I guess and I really have nothing to prove as far as debauchery. and the last few movies I've seen were awful! BUT did jump in my pool yesterday after some coaxing from a certain somebody. f-ff-f--f-f-ffreezing cold but after 10 minutes of bitching was really amazing and refreshing. in a way it made me really excited about the summer (a rarity for this sun-hater).



that's it for now. back to straining my back over this gigantic canvas. grr

No comments: