Tuesday, May 13, 2008

hi. long time...

so, it's been a fuck of a time lately. working a 9 to 5 by day and painting all night is aging me quickly. my body aches and find myself going a little daft every once in awhile in the studio.

here's a hint of giraffes in love...



now I'm onto blue spider monkeys! finished the trees and leaves they inhabit last night and am pretty happy so far.

AND can I just say, the best friends in the world to have are the ones who work for record labels!!! been listening to the new Islands 'Arm's Way' for the last week. here's an odd YouTube sample...



SO amazing and I have to admit it has been a great substitute for sleep when turned up loud enough in the studio. well, that and my Boston Terrier who seems to feel my pain in the last few weeks and has been the sweetest I've ever seen him. he's actually at my feet chewing apart a rubber ladybug as I type.

the funniest thing happened to me last week. It was Monday and I was feeling a lil' down on myself and found a FedEx box on my porch. I'd forgotten that months ago I'd won the Frederator 'Cartoon of the Month' prize. I opened it to find a goblet, clock, sweater, t-shirt, mousepad and g-string panties that all had written across them, 'WINNER' so thanks Fred, that cheered me up!

bye~!

1 comment:

Fred Seibert said...

Carlos, I'm glad we lightened your day. You always brighten ours. Thanks.